Sunday, June 28, 2015

Greece 2014 Part 1

Believe me, this country is my dream country after Turkey. I'm that kinda weirdo I know, cause I love old buildings, historical places and ruins. Am kinda liddat..well take it or leave it.

We spend most of the hours at the Sabiha International Airport, which located at the European part of Istanbul.

We were too tired after almost 8 hours bus journey and off we go to the airport by cab. Then we separated our luggages, and keep it at the luggage storage at the airport as the airlines just allowed  us for only 20kg luggage.

The fare is quite ok, the luggage storage you can found it just one level under the McDonalds there. I found it through a guide by TripAdvisor earlier before I arrived Turkey. So once there, just asked the information counter, send all the big fat luggage and then off we go to Athens. ( not to worries cuz the fare is really cheap)

After 2 hours and plus journey we arrived Athens, the capital city of Greece.
Ok this is weird. The airport are empty. Like no business, no people at all.

Then we went out to get a cab.

Mind you am traveling with my mom, to bring her here and there. So, using the bus or train is not convenient, so we just took the cab. Can you imagine, the cab driver told us, that he waited almost 5 hours just to get a passenger. You can just google up about what happened in Greece as their facing some economic problems bla bla bla. This is my blog and am have no interest to talk about economy just about ma trip. *toink*

We stayed at one of the budget hotel near Omonia Area. To the Greek people, that area is Muslim area and it's not that safe. For me, it's ok and it's a just budget area for me and the group to stay for a nite before we're going to Santorini.

The hotel name is Soho Hotel and quite famous among the backpackers. But if you think to stay at very nice place this is not the one. Except the service by them to call the cab to bring us early in the morning to the Pireus Port is really reliable.Seriously I can't even remember anything except the tiny elevator that they have and scared my mom to death. Everything we booked thru Agoda.com or Booking.com.

One nite stay, there we cooked our food. As I went down to the nearest groceries store and bought some eggs and vegetables. Then went up they cooked rice, canned food plus the egg and vegetables that we bought. That's how we had our dinner that day. Tiring day but then we can't wait for our adventure to Athens.




No comments:

Post a Comment